If you are trying to get a security clearance with the Department of Defense and you received a Department of Defense Statement of Reasons, you need legal help, immediately. Up front, you don’t want to go at this alone. We, at the Edmunds Law Firm, know this. We know about the Department of Defense Statement of Reasons we know what you are going through and we know what the Department of Defense is looking for.
Your Department of Defense Statement of Reasons, listed guidelines that were of concern. They may be financial problems, they may be psychological problems, it may be that you have a girlfriend or boyfriend trying to get their citizenship. It may be a big issue, it may be, in your eyes, minuscule. Regardless the Department of Defense Statement of Reasons must be dealt with and a response constructed.
What are they looking for in my Department of Defense Statement of Reasons?
When you receive the list of issues and the guidelines that these life events fall into, the Department of Defense adjudicator is going to look into and consider some factors. What are they, you ask?
- The nature, extent, and seriousness of the conduct;
- The circumstances surrounding the conduct, including your knowing participation;
- How often and how recent the conduct happened;
- Your age and maturity at the time of the conduct;
- Whether or not your participation was voluntary;
- Whether you were rehabilitated or made permanent life changes;
- Your motivation behind the conduct;
- The potential for you being pressured, coerced, or put under duress;
- Whether or not the conduct is likely to recur;
In your response to the Department of Defense Statement of Reasons, you need to address each conduct issue with these factors in mind. That is why it is so important to have adequate representation. They can look at your issues with a rational eye. They can present a case to the Department of Defense that may be hard for you to see because you are embroiled in the mess of having your life put under the microscope. Don’t go at this alone. If you receive a Department of Defense Statement of Reasons, call Edmunds Law Firm today and get the help you need.